Tell Me About
CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME to MSU - Flower Mound! All of us at MSU know that you will enjoy your time as a Mustang and FINISH YOUR DEGREE STRONG! But before you can start, there are some important steps you’ll need to take!
- Talk to Your Academic Advisor, and Enroll in Classes Early
- Get a head start! Be advised early!
- Ask questions about your courses, major, and career goals.
- Create a schedule with your academic advisor.
- CONFIRM with your respective program to ensure that you have completed ALL steps for acceptance.
- Register for classes.
- Submit Your Bacterial Meningitis Shot Records
Note: This requirement DOES NOT include: students who are enrolled only in online courses or other distance education courses which never meet on campus and students who are 22 years of age or older.
- Your vaccine must have been administered within the past five years and at least 10 days before the first official day of classes.
- To get your shot record on file, we at Midwestern State have contracted with Magnus Health. They collect, review and securely store all student documents pertaining to the meningitis vaccine.
- Upon your acceptance into the university, Magnus Health would have sent an email to the email address with which you applied containing login instructions for their website to get your shot record on file.
- Having trouble? Give their Help Desk a call at 877-461-6831.
- THIS STEP MUST BE COMPLETE PRIOR TO REGISTERING FOR COURSES AND PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION!
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- For financial aid, visit MSU's Financial Aid website for complete overview information. MSU Financial Aid Checklist
- For scholarship opportunities, please visit the MSU Admissions Scholarship website, MSU Donor Services, and your academic department.
- The scholarship deadline for Merit Scholarships through the Admission Office.
- Get to Know Campus and Services Available to You!
- It is required for all new students to attend Online Orientation
- Please contact Janette Keen at (972) 410-0125 if you have any questions regarding other services exclusive to, you, the Flower Mound Student.
- Pay for Classes
- The easiest way to pay for your classes is online at www.mwsu.edu/busoffice/onlinepayments we offer several options to assist you in paying for your classes.
- Purchase Your Textbooks
- As soon as your schedule is finalized, you're ready to get your textbooks ordered! Also important to note: Our bookstore does price-match! (See store for details and restrictions)
- These will become your lifelines once you begin attending MSU.
- Complete the Apply Texas application online at www.applytexas.org.
- Submit official transcripts from each institution attended.
- Submit application fee.
- Minimum of 18 transferable college-level credit hours.
- Cumulative 2.0 GPA on all transfer work.
- Specific academic programs may have additional requirements that must be met prior to enrolling in the program.
- The cost to attend college varies from student to student even at the same university. For the most current tuition estimates, refer to www.mwsu.edu/tuitionandfees.
Tuition & Mandatory Fees* Texas Resident Full-time student 15 semester credit hours $4,205 12 semester credit hours $3,389 9 semester credit hours $2,541 Part-time student 6 semester credit hours $1,694 3 semester credit hours $847
Other Fees(per semester credit hour)
Distance Learning Fee $55 SCH Graduate Tuition Fee $40 SCH Education $16 SCH Health Sciences $24 SCH
- Midwestern State University is consistently recognized for our affordability. In fact, in 2016-17, approximately 75% of our students received $56.7 million in some form of financial aid assistance. Couple that with our affordable tuition and fees and you are one step closer to completing your degree.
Below are some resources to help you plan for your return to the classroom.
- There are two ways sources of scholarships are available you.
- Transfer Scholarships
- If you are a first-time transfer student, you may be eligible for one of the following general academic scholarships:
- Transfer Excellence:
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA from each institution previously attended, $2,000 per year
- Transfer Achievement:
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from each institution previously attended, $1,500 per year
- Phi Theta Kappa:
- Membership in PTK at previous institution, $2,500 per year.
- Our Office of Donor Services and Scholarships offers multiple opportunities for student who apply for and meet scholarship criteria. Scholarship amounts will vary based on funding and availability. Learn more at www.mwsu.edu/donorservices.
- For more information about financial aid at MSU, please go to MSU's Financial Aid Checklist. Please take note of the following deadlines:
Summer March 1 Fall/Spring March 1 Fall Only March 1 Spring Only October 1
- Transfer Students
- If you will be attending both MSU and NCTC, we have a financial aid incentive just for you. A consortium agreement allows you to be registered at both institutions simultaneously while receiving financial aid at MSU based on the combined enrollment of both institutions. Learn more about MSU's Consortium Agreement.
What will transfer?
Our online guide shows how courses from more than 50 two-year colleges transfer to MSU, and we update the guide annually for your convenience. Check your class equivalencies at www.mwsu.edu/admissions/equivalencies.
Still Have Questions?
Browse through our FAQs for answers to questions people often ask about our program.
If you’d like to speak with someone who can answer your specific questions about Midwestern State University at Flower Mound, give us a call.
Flower Mound, TX 75028