Q: What do I play for my scholarship audition?

A: The most important thing to remember when selecting audition music is to pick music that best demonstrates your abilities. If you would like to schedule a scholarship audition or if you have any questions, please fill out our short Department of Music Scholarship Inquiry Form. We will get in contact with you about the specifics of your audition and work with you on selecting appropriate repertoire.


Q: Do I have to be a music major to perform in any ensembles?

A: No! All students enrolled at MSU Texas are encouraged to participate in any of our ensembles. Information about these ensembles can be found on our instrumental ensembles and/or vocal ensembles pages.


Q: Do I have to be an MSU student to perform in any ensembles?

A: Two of our ensembles, Oratorio Chorus and Communiversity Orchestra, are open to everyone in the Wichita Falls community. Both meet once a week in the evenings to accommodate as many community members as possible. For more information, contact Dr. Thomas Wininger about Oratorio Chorus or Dr. Matthew Luttrell about Communiversity Orchestra.


Q: Are there music scholarships available?

A: Many scholarships are available for music majors as well as students who participate in the MSU Texas Marching Thunder. If you would like more information about available scholarships, please complete our brief Department of Music Scholarship Inquiry Form.


Q: What equipment will be provided at the audition?

A: Pianos and warm-up spaces are available for all musicians performing a scholarship audition at MSU Texas. Percussionists will provided with an Adams 5.5 Octave marimba, a Majestic concert snare drum, Adams timpani (32, 29, 26, 23), and a Pearl Vision drum set. Please contact Dr. Corey Robinson about any other percussion equipment needs.


Q: Where should I park when I come for a campus visit?

A: The MSU Police Department (3 Eureka Cir, Wichita Falls, TX 76308) offers free, temporary parking passes for visitors to campus. Stop by their office on your way to campus to pick up a pass. For more information, you can visit their website here.


Q: Do you accept transfer students into the Department of Music?

A: Yes. All interested transfer students should complete the Department of Music Scholarship Inquiry Form to get more information. Once completed, someone from the Department of Music will be in touch and answer any questions you may have about transferring.