What is needed for a Change of Status?

In some instances, a petition to request a change of status from a current non-immigrant status to F-1 can be filed within the United States, to USCIS, with the assistance of a Designated School Official (DSO) from the Global Education Office. Please discuss any questions you may have about this process with a DSO. Detailed information about this can be found on USCIS.

Travel and Application Abroad

The standard process for applying for a F-1 non-immigrant student status, is to do so abroad at a U.S. embassy or consulate. We recommend this method of application for a F-1 status.